We’re always looking for ambitious and talented internship candidates to join our team. We offer full and part-time fall, spring and summer internships each academic semester on an as-needed basis. Please see our available positions below and send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CURRENT AVAILABLE POSITIONS
Grassroots Coalition Management Internship – Washington, D.C.
Grassroots coalition management and event planning focused spring internship, beginning in early January 2019. This paid internship offers meaningful, hands-on experience in the field of public and government relations. The ideal candidate will build expertise in event planning, communications, and client management while working collaboratively in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
The intern will be solely focused on assisting with one client, a defense-oriented coalition, and their major fly-in and lobby day in late February. 10-20 hours per week commitment, with some flexibility around an academic course schedule for current students. Must be available for period of intensive prep and day-off event staffing February 18-28, 2018.
- Support logistical planning and implementation of 400+ person event: assist with all aspects of event preparation, from inception to day-of execution to post-event wrap-up
- Day-of event staffing Feb. 25-28
- Material development, internal and external, including editing, assembly and distribution
- Preparation of name badges, signs and other event-specific materials and execution items
- Newsletter research and drafting
- MailChimp and email system/inbox management
- Website content updates and back-end maintenance
- Management, cleaning, and updating of contact database
- Management of registration tracking system and event ticket sales/targeted pushes
- Communication and coordination with Hill offices
- Management of Congressional Breakfast invites and attendee lists
- Drafting and development of an updated feedback survey for attendees and stakeholders
- Assistance with post-event recaps, event feedback data collection, and expense organization
- Administrative support/other duties as assigned or needed
- News tracking and weekly clips on the client and the industry
- Research of other industry associations and events and create comparative analyses for use in business development efforts
- College student or recent graduate
- Experience staffing an event (either as a paid organizer or a volunteer)
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated people skills and team-oriented attitude
- Proficiency in Google applications, Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Location: Washington, DC
We acknowledge that reputation matters – and in saying so we acknowledge that our individual reputations are intertwined with our agency’s reputation.
We believe that respect matters – We will show respect to our clients and our colleagues by what we say and what we do.
We tell the truth – good news and bad news – to each other, our clients and the others with whom we interact on behalf of our firm and our clients.
We support each other.
We do what we say we are going to do.
We take time to recognize and mentor excellence.
We embrace change and innovation that serves our clients or our business well.
We enjoy coming to work; we strive to make it a pleasant and rewarding experience for ourselves and each other.
We commit to excellence – in every detail, all the time – as the standard for our work.
We invest in our client’s definition of business success and align ourselves with them in producing results that they say matter.
About Rasky Partners, Inc.
Headquartered in Boston, Rasky Partners, Inc. is one of the largest privately held communications firms in New England. We pride ourselves on quality, results-driven communications efforts for clients, with an extensive range of services such as media relations, crisis management, public affairs, government relations and marketing communications. Clients include startups, trade associations and cross industry coalitions as well as established companies in the energy, environment, financial, technology, healthcare, hospitality, sports, education, and real estate sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information, please visit www.rasky.com.